Hey there, I thought I’d share a meal that my husband has been making for a week now and I finally gave it a try last night and loved it! I don’t know about you, but the meals I usually make regularly are the ones that calls for ingredients I tend to have on hand and this is for sure going into that rotation. This is also one of those meals that doesn’t require much prep work, so it’s a great last minute meal when you haven’t had time to think about what your gonna make. To be real honest, you can have this for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a snack. And best of all you can put whatever you want on it to fit your preferences and your picky eaters too!
So, here’s how we built this yummy goodness our way! My sister was over and she called it a ham and turkey garlic mexican pizza cause I definitely packed mine with lots of minced garlic! My favorite! LOl. So here it is:
DADDY’S YUMMY PERSONAL MEXICAN PIZZA
-2 tortillas uncooked (of course you can use pre-cooked)
-spaghetti sauce about 6 teaspoons
-packaged minced garlic or fresh (but if fresh you may need to soften them a little)
-grated cheese of your choice
-ham and turkey sandwich meat
-sriracha/red pepper flakes for heat
note: you can use whatever toppings you feel like!
1. heat a pan to medium high heat and spray with a little pam.
2. cook each side of the tortillas. I like mine a little more crispy than I would make a quesadilla so that even with the spaghetti sauce, there would still be a crunch.
3. when you’re on the last side of the second tortilla, lower the temp to medium/medium low, and with the last tortilla still in the pan..
4. add 3 teaspoons of spaghetti sauce, and a teaspoon of the minced garlic.
5. Then spread this all over the tortilla avoiding the edges.
6. next sprinkle your cheese in the amount to your liking. I don’t prefer a lot of cheese so I used a total of about 1/4 cup for both layers.
7. then add your toppings. I added turkey and ham meat to mine.
8. Now layer the remaining tortilla on top, still in the pan, repeat steps 4-7.
9. Top it with fresh herbs and veggies of your choice! I added cilantro on mine because we always have them on hand and I love them!
10. Finally, place the whole pizza in the toaster oven and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes to completely melt the cheese and really soak in all the flavors together!
11. Now enjoy! And when you’re done enjoying, tell me what you thought! I really would love to hear from you.
Well I truly hope this can help you in your busy lives! I know this isn’t a usual post, but it really helps me as a mom to have fast and easy ideas for my food playlist! LOL! Thanks so much for stoppping by!