Let’s talk main living area FLOORING! – almafied.com

Let’s talk main living area FLOORING!

home sweet home, project diy

Many people have asked me on Instagram, here on the blog and through private messages for details on our flooring that we installed in the main living areas so today I wanted to give you the details right here. I waited this long to share because I wanted to give it time to really form a sincere opinion.

 

I’ve already shared that I got them while they were on sale at my local Costco. I had to choose between this one and one I saw at Home Depot. This flooring was definitely better quality and was closer to the look I was looking for in our home. This pic below was a pic I took when the floors were first installed in June and I was 5 months pregnant! Yup that’s my baby bump;) Today baby Raegan just hit 3 months. Too fast!

The flooring we went with is an oak laminate flooring. This is the online description:

Featuring popular wide, single plank design. Warm natural tones create an inspiring space in any home. Premium 10mm thick planks feature knots, splits, intricate graining and detailed texturing. Beveled edges and ends subtly define each plank.

Everyone who comes in always compliments the flooring and even asks if they’re real. You can see below we chose to lay our flooring perpendicular to the entryway which is not the conventional way. Mainly because our house is wider than it is deeper so it felt only right to lay it this way. Now that it’s installed, I’m so glad we did!

The flooring truly feels good on bare feet. They also are almost impossible to scratch in my opinion. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it doesn’t have much of a sheen to it if at all. The living room below has changed so many times just between thanksgiving and Christmas and still not one scratch! I say almost impossible because my brother just bought a house and installed these same floors and he did get a little scratch when moving his couch but he thinks it’s because there was a little tiny pebble of some sort that the couch leg was sitting right on top of. Of course that’ll scratch any surface!

The flooring continues into our kitchen and it’s very easy to wipe up any spaghetti spills and the likes. It is hard to see dirt on this flooring which is a good and bad thing. I love that it always looks clean but it creates a bad habit of just sweeping for long periods. Ha!

I also love the warm tone of the planks. It realty goes well with our current wooden furniture. It’s warm but not too warm. I shared our kitchen renovation here and stole this before and after pic below so you could see in that doorway below how we went from 3 different flooring (tile in the entry, carpet in the hallway and linoleum in the kitchen) to all the laminate wood floors.

The flooring also goes into the hallway that leads to the bedroom. So much better right? Well lastly here’s the flooring in the family room. You can see more of that coffee station here.

This was the first completed project at this ranch reno and seriously made a world of difference. At $1.50/square foot, it was money well spent.ย I have to mention, this was all done by my husband and I. Well maybe 2% of it was done by me. The other 98% of the time, I was probably dealing with morning sickness, but don’t worry I cheered my hubby on right down to the finish line! And I tell him thank you regularly because he really does so much for us!

So here are the pros:

-these are very affordable

-they always look clean and its really hard to see when you’ve tracked in some dirt into the house.

-they feel good on bare feet. I don’t know if that make sense, but they do.

-its a matte finish which I love and looks and feels a lot more expensive than it is.

-it’s so easy to clean when you make a mess (like spaghetti sauce).

-it was easy to lay ourselves. they snapped right into place.

here are the cons and there really only is one for me so far:

-it’s hard to see dirt so if you’re a clean freak, that might bother you.

If you’re interested in the flooring, it’s called the Camden Oak Laminate by Harmonics and you can find it here.

Looking for other ideas that are similar? My friend Allison over at ahouseandadog recently installed new flooring in their master bedroom and it looks great in there. And I love that they installed it themselves also. You can check her floors out hereย and tell her hi for me while you’re there!

Thank you for coming by! Was this helpful to some of you? Let me know in the comments below! ย if you enjoy being here, don’t forget to subscribe at the very bottom of the page, and you’ll have the next post sent straight to you;)! Well it’s Friday, hope you get to enjoy the weekend!

 

Leave a Reply

share your thoughts here

%d bloggers like this: